GEM (Genetic Evaluation and Mating): “Take Care of Genetic Worries”
Get a new copy of GEM
Accelerated Genetics has the ability to work with producers to design matings to best fit their herd management system and style with GEM.
· Professional Herd Analysts: cows can be mated as often as your herd demands and Herd Analysts will work around your schedule. Heifers can be mated manually or by pedigree.
· Managing inbreeding, haplotypes, health traits and genomic considerations with mating decisions: all 17 of the major type traits plus production and miscellaneous traits are considered with each mating.
· Create a balanced and uniform offspring group: GEM works to correct the traits that need to be corrected without compromising the other traits.
· Fast and efficient – results available on the spot: GEM results are printed right on the farm. You have the option of sorting virgin heifers from cows, sorting by breed or by date. Results can be viewed as two choices or three per page with varying information given in each format.
· Compatible with most dairy management programs: Results are able to be exported into PC Dart or Dairy Comp and can be saved as an Excel file for use in almost any computer system.
Flexible Mating Program GEM allows you to create a personalized sire selection index that picks the ideal bull for each producer’s particular breeding program. With over 300,000 bulls, GEM has access to the largest bull database for mating programs. Also, there is just under 1,000,000 total animals in the database, helping GEM to consider six generations of pedigree information to complete recessive match checks on each potential mating.
The producer has total flexibility to select the bulls you want using the criteria you choose. This includes following your philosophies on genetic recessives, type traits, production, genomics, etc. Every MACE bull is included in the GEM program, including competitor bulls.
A History You Can Trust Accelerated Genetics brought you the first laptop based on farm mating system over 15 years ago. Since that time the GEM program has continued to grow and evolve into one of the top on farm dairy mating programs, mating over 1,000,000 cows per year.
IMAGE: Inbreeding Management and Genetic Excellence
• The ONLY Company in the industry with a tool like this!
• Personalized Expected Future Inbreeding (EFI)
• Categorizes bulls safe to use at random across a group
• Protect for inbreeding, recessives and haplotypes without needing individual matings
– Increase efficiency
• Animal pedigrees are not required
– Use semen usage history or other genetic history
– Great for herds with limited pedigree records or management deficiencies
Protect for Inbreeding without Individual Matings
• Report Calculations:
– Herd EFI
– Candidate sire’s probability of having an inbreeding coefficient over 6.25% when used at random in the group
• Report Sections
– Genetic History of Population
– “Safe to Use at Random” Service Sires
– “Use with Care” Service Sires
– “Use with Caution” Service Sires
• Average inbreeding coefficient for all possible mating combinations based on candidate sires and herd genetic history