Vice President of Domestic Sales
Description: To provide leadership, communication, develop and coordinate sales support for Accelerated Genetics Reproduction Services team by providing the sales team and customers worldwide, with solution based reproduction support in our dairy and beef divisions.
Key Responsibilities: Support our sales team by developing programs to incorporate Reproduction Services as a tool to increase sales and/or strengthen Accelerated Genetics image in the United States and worldwide.
· Coordinate activities, educate and provide training for Reproduction Service Specialists and Reproduction Advisors team
· Train Accelerated Genetics personnel in reproduction topics, especially our ReproConnections program.
· Facilitate continuous training to our ReproConnections group to stay on the cutting edge of reproduction technologies by attending top national reproduction conferences (DCRC, ADSA, etc.) and/or by bringing recognized outside speakers to the group.
· Continue to bring new innovative ideas on reproduction and genetic solutions to enhance our customers goals and objectives
· Participate and present at sales meetings, producer meetings and other cooperative events
· Work with sales personnel and managers to support sales objectives and implement effective sales strategies
· Be involved with all reproduction projects developed by Accelerated Genetics. This includes ReproConnections, CowScout, data collection and processing for the ACE fertility index, AI manual, etc.
· Write technical articles for internal Accelerated Genetics publications (Genetic Trends, website, etc.) and national dairy magazines (Hoards Dairyman, Progressive dairyman, etc.).
· Develop Spanish and/or Portuguese reproductive materials as needed.
· Perform other duties and assignments as directed by the Vice-President of Domestic Sales.
· Work in coordination with the Vice President of International to provide timely reproduction services in any country outside the Americas when needed with World Wide Sires (WWS) Area District Managers (ADMs) and Accelerated Genetics RSMs in our Latin American markets
· Keep in communication with Bovine Reproduction researchers and academic institutions in the US, and involvement of Accelerated Genetics in research projects in such areas when possible and needed
· Synchronization systems using hormones approved for use in the U.S.
· Specialization in the areas of artificial insemination and reproductive management of dairy and beef cattle.
· Understanding of electronic heat detection systems
· Financial: Budget & overall financial skills for department
· Business: Area management, building relationships, negotiation
· Other: Presentation skills, results driven, communication skills
· Basic understanding of dairy and beef genetics is a plus
· Fluent in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
· PhD or Master’s Degree in dairy science and reproductive physiology.
· 4-8 years sales and/or people management experience
· Position is based out the Administration Office, Baraboo, Wisconsin
· Hours may vary and will require evening and some weekend work depending on business need
· Regular travel throughout the United States required – minimum of 60% travel
· Minimum travel needed globally
Cellular Phone, Computer, Vehicle